Wednesday, 18 February 2009

18/2/09

Today I:

-Had a really weird waking-up pattern: I set at least two, if not three alarms every morning (:P) and today I slept through half of the first (it plays a song), turned off the second, but got up on my own accord before the third...

-Learned in my Linguistics lecture that the submission process for my assignment due Monday is REALLY ANNOYING AND COMPLICATED.

-Freaked out about the transcription part of the assignment, because I couldn't find the sound files and forgot how to work the program; eventually figuring these things out only to find that the speaker in the files is a fast talking Glaswegian, too x.x

-Tried to do the speech transcriptions in the quietest part of the uni library. Epic fail..

-Bought luncheonable things from Tesco, and got served by an old man who rabbled on about his life and his next break :)

-Picked up my guitar for the first time in ages, and may have accidentally played some actual chords, that I'll probably never be able to replicate xD

-Went to view a flat that I've been offered a place in, by some of my neighbours from last year- I LOVE IT IT'S BIG AND AWESOME AND CHEAP AND FUN AND DOUCHEBAG-FREE <333

-Nuked a pizza- and by "nuked" I mean put it in the oven to cook for 15 mins, allowed my brain to be frazzled by uni work and forgot about the pizza until about an hour later >_<

-Banged my elbow off something (possibly the shit flatmate who was wandering around in a towel) while running to save the pizza [read: save the flat from burning].

-Had a big long Skype call with Min. The 19th is kinda our monthly anniversary... Yes, we're that couple....

7 comments:

  1. I usually find monthly anniversaries extremely annoying, but for some reason it's just adorable cute with you two.

    X)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww.

    And here's hoping all goes well with the getting out of d-bag central. Everyone needs a happy-place that's both easily accessible and NOT actually imaginary...
    -Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a similar waking up thing this morning. I set my alarm for 8:30, hit snooze a few times and then re set it for later, only to wake up of my own accord and find that I had set the alarm for PM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it need to be repeated again? Awwwwww... that's so CUTE!!!

    (I'm the unfortunate girl that whacks her boyfriend over the head for doing the monthly anniversary thing... but i think it's cute when others do it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 19th of the Month is a good time for an anniversary :) Or should that be mensiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck getting away from the annoying flatmate. Bet you're not looking forward to moving all your stuff again, though, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the guitar as in Abotiggitaah?

    ReplyDelete